New To Importing & Exporting
LOOKING TO IMPORT OR TO START AN IMPORTING BUSINESS?
With the high costs of manufacturing in Australia many businesses are looking overseas to lower cost countries to manufacture their products or source product from a reputable supplier. Whilst this can seem a daunting task for a domestic based business, with the right advice and assistance the process can be demystified. Here's a few questions to assist in getting you ready to approach prospective suppliers;
- Do you know the different options for paying overseas suppliers?
- Do you understand the terminology of international trade; eg INCOTERMS
- Do you know who is responsible for Marine Insurance?
- Is the language barrier an issue or could it be one?
- Do you know how to calculate the best method of shipping; eg. Air, LCL or FCL
- Do you know how to calculate an estimated total landed costs for your goods?
- Do you know the customs duties, GST and other fees & charges that will be incurred?
- Are there any Free Trade Agreements (FTA’s) available?
- Do you know how to fulfil FTA requirements?
- Do you have a product or an idea?
- Have you found a source or supplier for the product?
- How can you be confident what you receive will be exactly what you ordered?
- Have you ordered or sighted samples or technical specifications?
The answer to these and many other questions is simply, contact Tradewinds and we can demystify all the different aspects of international trade, our years of experience will make your journey that much easier and you can rest assured knowing your goods are in the hands of experts from factory to your door.
If you are thinking of importing from China then our procurement service will find the right product at the most competitive cost, once you are satisfied with the choice our forwarding departments will arrange the freight & delivery to your door – a one stop shop for both sourcing & freighting your product in the most cost effective & timely fashion to keep you ahead of your competition.